David Zuckerman was in town yesterday, and spoke with groups of democrats and progressives. At the latter someone asked if there was any way that cannabis reform was going to happen in VT this legislative session. David, who was being videotaped throughout the event by a representative of th Republican Governors Association, gave a very thoughtful analysis of the state of cannabis reform in the state and country. He said that the best way for us here in Brattleboro to help make something happen might be to call Tristan Toleno, who is serving as the democratic whip in the House, because in that role Toleno not only counts votes but can push to get certain bills considered.
Canada has introduced legislation to legalize and regulate marijuana by July 2018. Governor Phil Scott has said that he wants a (non-existent) roadside marijuana test to be available before he would consider signing any legalization bills in Vermont.
Not terribly long ago, the test for impaired driving was simply "are you obviously driving impaired?" Swerving, driving the wrong speed, being extra cautious, taking turns widely, overcompensating for corrections, forgetting to turn on lights, failing to stop, failing to use a turn signal, and so on were (and are) good signs that a driver might be impaired.
I’m listening to the BBC this morning on Vermont Public Radio. I am appalled at the steady stream of commentators denouncing Assad for his dastardly deed. Every one of them is convinced he did it despite lack of evidence and common-sense arguments that he didn’t.
I could be wrong, but my BS meter is pinging off-scale.
I’ve heard two cogent arguments, one from the Right (Ron Paul) and one from the Left (Tulsi Gabbard) questioning this conclusion.
U.S. House "Freedom Caucus" Is Using Facebook To Deny Voters Freedom Of Speech To Communicate With ThemBy CrisEricson2016 | Wed, April 05 2017
Open Letter To The United States Congress, House of Representatives, Freedom Caucus and Mark Meadows Freedom Caucus Has An "Official" Facebook Page But Facebook Keeps Kicking Me Out And Depriving Me Of Freedom Of Speech To Leave You Comments!!!
Two Activists Charged With 15 Felonies For Privacy Violations VS. Google & Facebook Charged With None!By CrisEricson2016 | Wed, March 29 2017
In the news: 2 activists who filmed undercover videos of Planned Parenthood are charged with 15 felonies. Also in the news: no more internet privacy for me and you, your emails and internet messages can be sold without your knowledge!So, what difference does it make TO YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS if a conversation is in writing, such as in an email, and you thought that only the person or persons you were sending the email to would be reading it - or if your communication is in spoken words with someone?
When you are on Facebook or Google or any other internet entity, aren't they sitting in on your conversations and seeing and recording everything?
(This is not my list)
- You know there's no meaningful difference between major political parties
- You understand that the Federal Reserve, or international central banking more broadly, is the engine of our economic problems
- You know that preemptive war is never necessary
- You know that you're being systematically poisoned, how, by whom, and why
- You understand that government can never legislate morality, nor should they
Since yesterday (Friday the 24th), I have received no fewer than 9 phone calls from the Past POTUS.
(I'm not kidding)
He has yet to hang around long enough for me to find out what he wants.
Does anybody know?
Brattleboro District 1 will caucus just prior to Representative Town Meeting on Saturday, March 25 at Brattleboro Area Middle School beginning at 8:00 AM in the Mulitpurpose Room. Representative Town Meeting begins at 8:30 AM. District 1 will be accepting nominations to fill and appoint two town meeting member seats for 1 year.
Any residents from District 1 interested in being considered for this position should be present at Saturday’s 8:00AM caucus. The public is invited to attend their district’s caucus and stay for the information meeting.
Mr. Trumps' presidency is already an embarrassment and a disaster. He has clearly violated the emoluments clause of the Constitution, which prevents conflicts of interest. No doubt there are other allegations against him, but there is very strong evidence against him on this account, and a call is rising all over the country for impeachment.
There should be no fear of this action because of Mr. Pence. Trump is not holding him back now. First thing's first. We should heed this call in Brattleboro.
The fear mongering around climate change needs to stop.
Here are 10 reasons I have always been skeptical of climate change theory:
1) Humans like to believe we know it all and have the answers. The weather is massively complicated involving a multitude of factors and variables. We as a human species are more primitive than we like to believe we are. We often do reprehensible things and can barely take care of each other. Look at the Syrian Civil War, our last Presidential election, the fact that there is still so much racism that we have to say Black Lives Matter in 2017, homophobia, and wage inequality as just some examples that we humans aren't as enlightened and intelligent as we like to think we are. Therefore, I struggle to believe even our best scientists really grasp something as massively complex as the weather.