I thought I’d give a little update on where we stand after a few days with the new site.
Overall, we’re really happy with the way things are going. You seem to be finding your way back, logging in, and using the site like before. Do fill out your user profile, and be sure to list your skills…
We’re very happy to receive your reports of problems, issues, and suggestions. We’ve solved many of them, and are continuing down the list. Next up is work on the image uploading system.
We’re also watching the recent comments, most read, and most discussed lists. This was something we couldn’t test without lots of stories, comments, and activity. It’s close to what we’re after, but there may be a few tweaks to how the lists are updated.
We’re going to be adjusting the length of the preview snippet of each story on the homepage. (They look a little short to me.) We’re going to be re-opening the old site as archives in addition to the Archive-It copies.
We’re are duly noting everything in the Bugs, Problems, and Other Issues comments, so continue to use that to report errors and issues.
There are a few new things we hope you are noticing:
– your new, expanded profile page, and ability to list skills. If you are looking for something to do, go fill it in.
– write in option for the poll
– ability to edit your stories, comments, etc. when logged in (if you were logged in when you submitted it). If you forgot to mention something in your first comment, just edit it to add on…
– free and paid classifieds – in addition to things you want to sell or trade, you can put in announcements, classes and workshops, lost and found, rideshare, tag sales, and all sorts of things. Landlords can list available rooms, and employers can lists job listings.
– the ability to start/join a group on any topic
– the ability to share just about anything via your favorite flavor of social media. Look for the Share This link at the end of stories and events, then choose from over 500 social media sites.
We have a few more surprises coming, too, once we get over this initial launch period. We’re about to enter iBrattleboro’s 10th year.
Thanks again for the feedback, and for your patience as we get the kinks out.