On Tuesday, November 15, the Highway Division will be replacing guardrail on Cotton Mill Hill. The work will take place between 7:00am and 4:00pm. During this work, Cotton Mill Hill will be closed to traffic. Motorists should seek alternate routes.
Beginning Tuesday, September 6, All States Construction (a contractor of the town) will be milling and paving in the area along South Main Street. This work is expected to take approximately three weeks to complete.
The streets being paved include South Main Street (from Canal Street to Old Guilford Road), Estabrook Street, Lawrence Street, Valgar Street, Cotton Mill Hill (between the Cotton Mill Complex and Route 142) and Old Guilford Road (from South Main Street to University Way). Crews will be working between 7:00am and 5:00pm, Monday through Friday. There will be no on-street parking during this project and motorists should expect delays in the area and seek alternate routes.
1. Welcome and Introductions
2. Minutes – June 16, 2022
3. Public Participation
4. Monthly Report on Pedestrian and Bicycle Incidents – For June and July
5. Monthly Report on Traffic Data Collection – for June and July
6. Street and Sidewalk Safety Policy Safety Action Requests
The Town has contracted with LaRock & Son Inc to replace the sidewalk on the west side of South Main Street between Cotton Mill Hill and Pine ST. This project will be ongoing for several weeks and at times, operations will require one lane, alternating traffic as well as no parking in the area. Residents are asked to be aware of no parking signs in the area and drivers should be prepared for alternate traffic patterns during this work.
1. Minutes – February 18, 2021
2. Public Participation
3. Monthly Report on Pedestrian and Bicycle Incidents
4. Monthly Report on Traffic Data Collection
5. Updates/Continued Discussion on Ongoing Matters
(a) Route 9 Bike Lane Scoping Study