Making Art in Paradise Presents: Art as a Healing Tool for Self & Earth: Fri. eve, Sept 20 – Sun. Sept 22, 2013
A clay sculpture and writing workshop in the hills of Townshend VT.
Nourish your creative vision with a writing & clay sculpting retreat led by Psychosynthesis guide/potter Alan Steinberg & writer/teacher Fred Taylor
- Encounter the life & landscape of the forests and hills of Vermont
- Immerse yourself in the tactile, intuitive earthiness of clay.
- Discover the power of your own words to forge a bond with the archetypal soul of nature.
- Find sources for hope and ground your sense of purpose
If there is to be a world for our great grandchildren to inherit, we need to change the way we live. Exercising our creativity transforms both our selves & our world.
Alan & Fred’s workshops incorporate Joanna Macy’s “Work that Reconnects” – a process that empowers people to re-establish their balance with the “more-than human” world.
“There was something about working with the clay that seemed to open up a new language, and with it the possibility for a reciprocity between myself and the animate environment… Through poetry-making and working with clay I was able to enter into a sacred and intimate conversation with a deeply intelligent landscape/mindscape – the Sacred Other.”
– Elizabeth Paulette-Coughlin, Montreal poet
Contact: Alans@sover.net, or email@example.com.
Photos & info: brattleboroclayworks.com/maip