Windham Southeast School District
53 Green St., Brattleboro, Vermont, 05301
Brattleboro, Dummerston, Guilford, and Putney Citizens Invited to Vote on Proposed Amendments to WSESD Articles of Agreement
On Tuesday, November 19th, 2019, an election will be held by the Windham Southeast School District (“WSESD”) in the four towns of the district, Brattleboro, Dummerston, Guilford, and Putney. Citizens of the towns of the WSESD will have the opportunity to vote, by Australian Ballot, to approve or reject proposed amendments to the Articles of Agreement, the bylaws governing the WSESD. Vermont allows voter registration up to and on the day of an election. Early voting begins October 30th, 2019.
Four questions will be presented to voters:
• Question 1: A proposal to amend Article 11, the article governing board representation, by adding two additional voting members from Brattleboro, thereby changing the current eight-member at-large school board, with two members residing in each of the four towns, to a ten-member at-large school board with four members residing in Brattleboro and two in each of the other three towns.
• Question 2: A proposal to amend Article 3, the article governing the process the school district must go through before it may change grades offered at individual schools.
• Question 3: A proposal to amend Article 4, the article governing closure of district schools, to extend the period in which no district schools may be closed, and to amend the process the school district must go through before it can close a school, including a required vote by all communities impacted by a proposed school closure.
• Question 4: A proposal to add an article, Article 15, laying out the framework for the creation of advisory Leadership Councils in the individual schools of the district.
When and Where to Vote on Election Day, Tuesday, November 19th:
• Polls are open on November 19th, from 10am-7pm, at the following locations. Voters must vote in the town in which they reside.
○ Brattleboro: Brattleboro Municipal Center, First Floor, Room 105, 230 Main Street, Brattleboro.
○ Dummerston: Dummerston Town Office, 1523 Middle Road, East Dummerston.
○ Guilford: Broad Brook Community Center (BBCC), 3940 Guilford Center Road, Guilford.
○ Putney: Putney Fire Department, 21 Carl Snyder Drive, Putney.
Early Voting Began Wednesday, October 30th: Contact your Town Clerk for information on how and where to vote early.
To review the language of the proposed amendments, visit: https://sites.google.com/wsesu.org/wseuusdboard/information
“An Education of Excellence”
Representing Brattleboro, Brattleboro Area Middle School, Brattleboro Union High School, Dummerston, Guilford, Putney, and the Windham Regional Career Center