It’s the same as before, except different!
Technically speaking, this is version 3.0. We’ve switched the underlying content management system, the site is now mobile-friendly, and everything will soon be encrypted.
Our work isn’t finished, but it is close enough to let you join us as we make final adjustments. It helps to have people using the site actively as we fine tune. You may see a few test items come and go over the next few days, and you will see some definite improvements.
Right now, though, there are a few things we hope you’ll especially enjoy:
- An updated logo.
- We’ve simplified the design, and got rid of some clutter.
- An all new calendar, with lots of great features. It should be much easier to add events, and much easier to see and sort events. Add a photo to your event listing easily.
- New classifieds system with new features.
- New directory of local links. Add your business or organization. Or both.
- Gorgeous photo fun photo displays.
- The weather works again!
- Bigger, simpler ads.
- RSS subscriptions to send events and/or stories to you directly.
- Today In History has it’s own page now.
There’s more, but we won’t overwhelm you right now.
Feel free to ask questions and point out difficulties. Within a few weeks we hope to have everything running quite smoothly.
Thanks to old-timers and new users alike.