A Call for CEDS Projects
The following is a call for the submission of project proposals to be included in the Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy (CEDS) for this Windham region. While no monetary awards will directly result from these proposals, their inclusion in this document (the “CEDS”) will likely shape the areas where available federal funds may be targeted in the future. To quote from the SeVEDS’ website:
Inclusion of your project in the CEDS indicates it is aligned with regional goals for growth. Identification of your project as a vital project indicates the project is of the highest priority and expected to have the greatest impacts on achieving the regional goals.
While inclusion of your project in no way guarantees funding of any sort, many federal agencies look more favorably upon projects which have the kind of broad support inclusion in a region CEDS indicates.
The CEDS consultants’ research to date reveals that community members identify common opportunities in Bellows Falls, Brattleboro, Londonderry and Wilmington. Notable among them are:
Green Building Materials Cluster
Local Value added Agriculture
Renewable Energy Cluster
cf: slides #14-21, et seq. in the handout “PPT Presentation from June regional meetings” Community Report-back 062013-1 copy on the SeVEDS website: http://seveds.com/windham-region-comprehensive-economic-development-strategy-ceds/
It stands to reason then, if you have a proposal in one of these “common opportunity” areas, or in another area, which would preserve the unique sense of place in this region, you are encouraged to read on and consider submitting the proposal in connection with the CEDS process. The details and contact information is given below. Note the August 9th deadline!
For Immediate Release
July 2, 2013
Contact: Laura Sibilia 802-257-7731
Request for Projects
Southeastern Vermont Economic Development Strategies (SeVEDS)
CEDS Project Solicitation
1. Project Overview: Southeastern Vermont Economic Development Strategies (SeVEDS) is seeking project proposals for inclusion in the Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy (CEDS), as required by the United States Economic Development Administration (EDA). Information on the required component of a CEDS can be found www.seveds.com/ceds-projects
2. Proposal Contents: The proposal must identify the applicant and include a detailed description of the project; establish that the applicant has the authority, capacity and the wherewithal to successfully implement the project; establish the likely outcome of the project and establish how that outcome is consistent with the goals and strategies of SeVEDS. For a complete description of submission requirements, go to http://seveds.com/ceds-projects/
3. Applicants: Any private or public entity or consortium of entities can submit a project for consideration. Applications will only be accepted from the entity(s) directly implementing the project.
4. Proposal Instructions: Proposals are due no later than August 9 at 5:00 pm. Proposals must be received at: SeVEDS, 76 Cotton Mill Hill, Brattleboro, VT 05301. A minimum of (5) paper and one (1) digital copy are to be submitted.
5. Contact Information: All inquiries, questions and clarifications must be directed to Laura Sibilia at 802-257-7731 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. SeVEDS Regional Economic Development Goals & Strategies: Visit www.seveds.com to review a list of regional economic development goals and strategies.