A workshop, sponsored by the Brattleboro Development and Credit Corporation, will help small businesses and nonprofits launch their own websites. This six-hour workshop, presented by Putney-based Sustainable Digital founder Bob Lawson, will be held in Brattleboro on June 5 and 12 from 5:30 to 8:30 each evening.
The workshop, sponsored by the BDCC’s Instg8 program, will allow participants to work on their own websites using Squarespace, an intuitive website creation program. In addition to learning many useful tips and techniques, participants will work on their own sites, using your own computers, under the skilled eye of the workshop instructor.
The workshop will be presented by Bob Lawson, Founder of Sustainable Digital. Bob is a Certified Squarespace Trainer and has frequently run web design workshops in Brattleboro and Keene. In addition, he offers private tutoring for nonprofits and businesses creating their own websites.
Bob’s company, Sustainable Digital (www.sustainabledigital.com), provides communication and technology services from its office in Putney, VT.
Here is what you’ll learn:
This workshop is structured to walk participants from the first stages of building a site through all phases of designing and launching a website. The two-part workshop will show how to:
• Select a website template
• Customize a site design
• Build menus and navigation
• Learn how to add and edit text and photos to each page
• Create contact and other forms
• Polish a design by selecting fonts and controlling design elements
• Purchase a domain name
• Put a site live on the web
Time, place and cost:
The workshop will take place on two consecutive Tuesdays in June, three hours each evening. The dates are June 5 and June 12, 2018, from 5:30 pm to 8:30 pm each evening.
Brattleboro Development Credit Corporation
76 Cotton Mill Hill
Brattleboro, VT 05301
• $140 per person
• Participants receive 20% off their first year of webhosting with Squarespace when they enroll in this workshop.
• The course instructor will be available to participants to answer questions by email between the two Tuesday sessions, helping them to continue working on their sites during the week.
How to register:
To register, visit: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/six-hour-build-a-website-workshop-65-612-tickets-44852250288. The fee for the full 6-hour workshop is $140.