The Brattleboro Arts Committee will meet on Wednesday, April 17, 2019, at 1:00pm in the Hanna Cosman Meeting Room at the Municipal Center.
The Brattleboro Representative Town Meeting Finance Committee will meet on Wednesday, April 17, 2019, at 5:00pm in the meeting room at the Brattleboro Tennis Club (202 Cedar Street).
The Brattleboro Traffic Safety Committee will meet on Thursday, April 18, 2019, at 8:00am in the Selectboard Meeting Room at the Municipal Center.
Brattleboro Town Manager’s Office
230 Main Street, Suite 208
Brattleboro, VT 05301
Brattleboro Arts Committee
Wednesday April 17, 2019, 1:00pm
Hanna Cosman Meeting Room. Suite 211
Municipal Center, 230 Main Street
1. Call to order with Quorum check,
Joanna Roche intro
2. Approval of Minutes from October 11 Meeting
3. Discussions – Arts funding –Shanta Lee Gander, Arlene Distler, Chrissy Lee
4. Update on current projects – Scot Borofsky, Evie Lovett
3. Brainstorming – identify spaces for public art
collaboration with local businesses
getting the word out
4. Guidelines for Future Projects
5. Ben Schreefter preliminary proposal
6. Public Participation
7. Other Business
8. Next Meeting
Brattleboro Representative Town Meeting Finance Committee
Wednesday, April 17, 2019
Brattleboro Tennis Club Meeting Room
202 Cedar Street, Brattleboro
(Directions: Go all the way to the back of the driveway at 202 Cedar Street. The Tennis Club is the large building on the left.)
1. Call to order/Review agenda.
2. Minutes of February 28, 2019 meeting.
3. Election of officers for the coming year.
4. Rules of procedure for the committee.
5. Committee timeline, scheduling process for future meetings, and set next meeting date.
6. Local schools FY20 budget process – Where we are now, where things are headed, and what the committee will do.
7. Town Enterprise Funds – Budget proposals, time frames, possible committee involvement.
8. Vermont Open Meeting Law
9. Other business.
TRAFFIC SAFETY COMMITTEE
THURSDAY, APRIL 18, 2019 – 8:00AM
SELECTBOARD MEETING ROOM, MUNICIPAL CENTER
1. Minutes – March 21
2. Public Participation
3. Monthly Report on Pedestrian and Bicycle Incidents
4. Monthly Report on Traffic Data Collection
5. Street and Sidewalk Safety Policy Safety Action Requests
(a) Remove Parking Spaces on Western Avenue and Convert to Bike Lanes –
Requested by Brattleboro Coalition for Active Transportation (BCAT)
(Continued Discussion) (b) Restrictions on Use of Two Parking Spaces at 38 Walnut Street and Request to Remove Parking Meters — Requested by St. Brigid’s Kitchen and Pantry (Continued Discussion)
(c) Request to Add Bike/Walking Lane along John Seitz Drive (d) Request Traffic Calming Measures on Clark Avenue
(e) Traffic Flow Concerns on Green Street
(f) Request for 3-Way Stop at Sunny Acres/Old Guilford Road/South Main Street (g) Handicap Parking Space on East Side of Main Street
6. Other Business – Informational Items