Selectboard Meeting Notes – Opioid Lawsuit Hokey-Pokey, Plus FY21 Police and Fire Budgets

brattleboro selectboard nov 26, 2019

At their special meeting this week, the Brattleboro Selectboard decided to reverse a decision they made just last week and instead remain IN a second, national opioid lawsuit. A lawyer told them opting out wouldn’t be so smart.

Health and safety issues at local apartments, an effort to reduce the speed limit in West Brattleboro along Route 9, and discussions of the FY21 Police and Fire budgets rounded out the special meeting.

Comments | 6

  • Preliminaries

    Neither Starr nor Elwell had comments.

    David Schoales – a group of students are coming from Franklin Pierce College to visit town. Our second year and I’ll keep you updated.

    Derrick Jordan of Dummerston – EMF Safety for Vermont. A small cell antennae has been approved for First Congregational’s church steeple in West Brattleboro. There is a mountain of evidence showing harm from these antennas. The “safe distance” one is supposed to be is 1300 feet. The Academy School is 360 feet and the nursery school is in the church and fire station nearby. We are very concerned. What is the current approval process for small cell antenaes?

    Elwell – we can provide info but don’t issue permits.

    Jordan – is there no approval process?

    Elwell – I don’t know and will find out.

    Jordan – this is a Verizon antennae. Also, the public utilities commission wants to hear from towns about these sitings. I’ll provide a report prepared by one of our members about this church antennae so you can look over specs about the biological harm. The NEXT national toxicology program has done studies and it shows damage from regular 3G exposure. A recent development. The Washington DC Court of Appeals issued a reprimand for lack of review of small cell antennas – it says they need to do an environmental review.

    Starr – thanks for those comments.

    Tim Wessel – I believe in free speech during public participation, but the anti 5G movement is based on fear, not science, and I think people are being misled. We’d never approve of something that is dangerous to kids. There is zero evidence that 5G causes harm. No need to cause unnecessary fear in parents. My personal comments.

    Libby Howes – I was at home for yesterday’s hope plan for old South Main location. There was a house built beyond the baseball field up there that was built by Habitat for Humanity. How to accommodate the homeless population is larger and looser than… – they leap forward – the Home Depot address has been vacant for 10 years and could take a second floor and could have 80-120 single rooms, managed through a collective. To have an experimental kitchen, counseling, and some sort of media center with computers and movies. It happens at the Drop In Center. Accommodating the homeless people within driving distance – we lost housing with the Brooks House apartments, the parking structure took apartments. If we were to contemplate the population coming to Brattleboro – why? – my mother’s aunt saved a tree in the Commons’ park. That was attractive for coming home. So many factors. Some want to be the 60’s hippy without any problems or conflicts. It would be a single room occupancy privilege that we could do for $3 million. They would become professional, clean up, cook, make clothes, teach media… our problem is we feel like a smug little ship at 60 South Main. But to take the great leap forward, the Town should consider the single room occupancy at Home Depot.

  • Board of Health Issues at 48 and 50 Central St and 6 Reynolds Drive

    They convene as Board of Health for a hearing.

    Town Attny Fisher – I’ll explain how we got here tonight. The middle of last week, an emergency health order was served upon Mr Hunter, the owner of 48 and 50 Central and 6 Reynolds Drive. The order allows for an appeal. The order had a no occupancy order and the tenants were to be moved out. The tenants were told and told about finding alternative housing. Hunter asked for a stay from Superior Court, and it was granted on Thursday afternoon. The judge set a hearing for tomorrow afternoon on the issue of the stay, and we’ll be attending. So, the court stayed the no occupancy, and tenants were able to go back. Some work was done over Friday and the weekend and the health officer and state division of fire safety reinspected. There are still numerous public health violations, the Town will not be asking tomorrow for no occupancy but just a health order and public health concerns at these properties. It will be done by order, and must be done within a particular time period.

    Tim – did the judge give any reason?

    Fisher – no. It’s four lines long and sets the hearing date.

    Tim – is that common?

    Fisher – it is uncommon, but not uncommon to hear issues without notice to the other party. When there is an ex parti issued, the other side gets notice and we can ask for the order to be undone. We want curing of the public health violations.

    Len Howard – some history. Brian and I have been dealing with these properties for two years. In 2019 we’ve done 15 visits at Central, and 23 total. They’ve got 3 tickets at Central. Reynolds has had one ticket. The emergency health order comes from new things arising each time we go. Life safety, and missing smoke detectors are a big concern. When we reinspected, the alarms were now in place. Some things we did find are excessive combustibles in the building, electrical problems, extension cords overused to make up for lack of outlets, foam board stored in basement, stair rails not proper… plus lead paint inspections. The last thing is the bedbug infestation on Sept 25. Yesterday there were multiple eggs on Reynolds Dr. Those are some highlighted things.

    Fisher – the Div of Fire safety has fire and electric reports. Some items are high hazard, like the heating element cover on the water heater and exposure to 240 volts. Some are easy to cure, but some are extremely dangerous to human life. In both, there is excessive fuel load in hallways and basement. Fuel load means a lot of material that can be furniture, boxes… and the furnace had a leak. A lot of this material are near areas prone to fire, so that’s why they want to remove the excessive fuel load from the hallways and egresses to make it safe. The Div of Fire Safety says early detection is first warning system. The Town is asking local board of health (you) make the order subject to and after tomorrow’s hearing. Mr. Hunter…

    Mr. Will Hunter – I did not appeal. I didn’t know about this hearing and don’t have the inspection materials from yesterday that you have. We had five inspectors in four apartments. I’d like to see what is being presented. I did go to see if we could do the work. Over the last several years I thought we’ve worked well. We have had problems with tenants taking down smoke detectors. I thought we addressed everything. Mr. Howard last Thursday said he would not make an accommodation. If the tenants wanted to stay, I asked for a court order. I gave him a copy before I went to the court, then I called the fire department and let them know. I’d like to go back to a more cooperative relationship. I don’t want to go to court, but it is important to protect people from homelessness. We’ll do what’s shown on the reports. A health order is usually given to the respondent, but I haven’t seen the reports. Thanks for the chance to explain my side.

    Brandie – Jan will give you copies.

    Fisher – the Div of Fire Safety provides these at the building, they don’t come from the Town to the property owner. I assume they sent them to the property or property manager. Not sure why he doesn’t have copies.

    Hunter – this has prior owners listed. Ok. This is the electrical, and..okay..

    Fisher – regarding this not being an appeal, when an order is issued, the statute provides for a hearing. If we were proceeding for a non-emergency health order, we’d have notice to seek a health order. In either case we end up here. Interestingly, the appeal process goes from this board to State Board of Health, not the court. The request for the stay is a zig zag in the route.

    Mr. Hunter – I still don’t see a copy of the order the board is about to adopt.

    Fisher – it was updated today, based on corrections to the properties.

    Brandie – Patrick has a copy…

    Ms. Kendrick- what happens if things don’t come into compliance. I’m concerned about the tenants’s experience and repairs not being made.

    Fisher – if issues are not fixed, the Town would seek a court injunction to fix violations, and that could include a no occupancy order. It depends on how much is brought into compliance.

    Ms. Kendrick- what tips it back? It doesn’t seem like anything discussed tonight is safe for tenants.

    Fisher – there are bedbugs and fire hazards, but there are smoke detectors.

    Ms. Kendrick- I’m concerned about the back and forth for tenants. If they have to move and out, they have less access to state programs. I appreciate that he takes people with difficult histories, but the spaces need to be safe and I have concerns for what happens to the tenants.

    Brandie – when will these be cured?

    Fisher – the order says within 7 days.

    Brandie – it should be clear that here will not be leeway on that timeframe. What’s your ability to accomplish this?

    Hunter – I’m getting this for the first time, and there is now a period of time that there is a holiday..

    Brandie – you did not just say that… this is safety. You may have just gotten this, but you must have expected this document to be similar.

    Hunter – I was at inspection and asked for reports. I’m just trying to read this…if the 7 days is the deadline we’ll make it happen. Hard to do on the fly and don’t know what is impossible to do in 7 days.

    Schoales – it would be easier to feel compassion if you didn’t have so many violations over the last few years.

    Daniel Quipp – the health officers have made numerous contacts to talk about issues. During this process there has been information about issues? So this is not the first time you are hearing these things?

    Hunter – yes. I’m looking at the proposed order that says all the things on other reports… I’m trying to see if they are doable in 7 days and participate in this conversation.

    Daniel – it is a challenge, but none of this is new.

    Len – the only new thing is a more thorough electrical inspection and leaky oil burner. Burners need to be inspected…

    Hunter – we tightened the lead valve.

    Elwell – the details are in the paperwork. The characterization that this has been collaborative needs to be corrected. It is rare to have health officer meetings. We only get here when communication has not worked. There has been communication, but the process of addressing these deficiencies has not been collaborative.

    Fisher – the statutes provide for discontinuance when there are these issues. Things get cured within proper timeframes.

    Branide – some of these things require an electrician, a furnace inspector… it has to be done in 7 days. It’s getting cold out. Does anyone feel 7 days is not fair?

    Liz – it is health and safety of tenants and neighborhood.

    Tim – I drove by today and there was a truck filled with things… how long has it been there?

    Len – a few months.

    Board approves the health order.

  • Opioid Lawsuit Reconsideration

    Bob Fisher – last week the board opted out of the national class litigation, and the deadline was last Friday. If you don’t opt out you are in the national class action. The board decided to opt-out. The day after we completed the opt out form and we submitted it, and then we told the special counsel in our other suit. She expressed concern that it would lessen the Town’s advantage. I informed her that we sent it in, and she said the board could rescind the opt-out, so you can reconsider the decision to opt out. It has been done before. In NY state many counties opted out, but then learned more and changed direction. If you want to opt out, you can rescind. Why was the attorney concerned? What are the advantages of two suits? One of the main reasons is the timing of the suits. Her opinion was that if you opt out, the Town’s leverage to go to court early or get depositions before the national suite would be compromised. In the national class, she said, there is shared discovery of the facts that if we opt out we don’t get access to. Her concern was that the Town was losing leverage. I asked her for some bullet points that outline the advantages of opting IN to the national class. I apologize that this was a bit sloppy, but when special counsel raises these concerns I thought I would bring it back to you. I’m not an expert on this kind of litigation. I understand her concerns. Follow your special counsel’s advice is my advice.

    Schoales – we’ve been following attorneys throughout and it wouldn’t be wise to stop now.

    Tim – it does feel like we are backing away from the other case, but I tend to agree overall with following her…

    Fisher – it isn’t backing away from the other suit. Because, it is still unclear which defendants are named in the Brattleboro suit vs the national class. Some may join but others may not. You can’t get double recovery, but some defendants might be missed by one case so having the two gives you a better position.

    Elwell – the reconsideration is only about the national class action suit.

    Liz – we’re hedging our bets. Let’s go.

    Brandie – ok…

    Motion to rescind the action to opt out of the national class action approved, and the board opts back in.

  • Request To Vtrans to Lower Speed Limit on Rt 9

    Elwell – there have been concerns about traffic on Rt 9. That led to a meeting in Marlboro with legislators and VTrans members, and a thorough discussion of safety concerns took place. Speed as people come off the highway portion is a concern. Arriving in West B from Marlboro it is currently 40 mph. The West Brattleboro Association asked the town for us to reduce the speed from Paradise Farm to Edward Heights to 30 mph, where Town’s portion of the road takes over. Traffic Safety Committee said OK but added that it would be a benefit to the area if bike lanes were added on both sides, and crosswalks be added. Crosswalks not allowed at 40 mph, but at 30mph they would be allowed if they meet other specs. We think these two additional factors lend themselves to the reduction of the speed limit. In addition, there is evidence that there is more bike usage in this area for recreation and for work, and historically there has been a lot of pedestrians. One of the largest concentrations of low income populations. Hope to improve pedestrian facilities while we do this. VTrans folks who get this request have been receptive to this, but no commitment. The timing is opportune, they say, because RT9 planning for a 2021 upgrade is going on right now. Also, we include some documentation of similar plans that have been approved for you…

    Liz – within the next two years?

    Elwell – Act tonight so we can get into planning for 2021 upgrades.

    Daniel – the immediate action will be to reduce the speed limit?

    Elwell – unlikely to grant the request without the other changes. It’s possible the speed limit will be reduced then the other things will happen, but probably all three will happen in 2021.

    Liz – is this a Dylan’s rule example?

    Elwell – this part of the road is state highway, so no. Further into town we do have issues that burdens us – we can’t manage the eastern part of Western Ave. The state has to.

    Tim – in the verbal discussion of Putney Rd and Hannford improvements. The greening of bike lanes had been mentioned and favorably looked upon by the state.

    Elwell – yes, that’s a design used by the state when there is a lot of activity. It makes bike lanes stand out more.

    Tim – it will be the green standard.

    Daniel – I’d like protected bike lanes. You get a lot of traffic trailers and fast vehicles on that stretch of road.

    Schoales – they go 45 plus out there.

    Daniel – green paint, great, but protected from traffic would be great, too.

    Elwell – the formal request should be for bike lanes, then we can have these add-on requests. We’ll add the desire to have them like this.

    Schoales – we should lobby for protective bike lanes.

    Elwell – the green is great, as are protective lanes. We are constrained in Vermont with routes that aren’t wide enough, and the additional maintenance of separated bike lanes is, then there are a lot of bike lanes in town, and it would cost a lot. The desire to have them is right, but it is complicated. Or, we can go deeper into our pockets to impose it on ourselves.

    Request approved!

  • FY21 Police Department

    Elwell – follow along with budget from Town’s website! Tonight we do the Police first…

    Tim – I just need to say this. A lot of people saw what happened on Putney Rd last week. I haven’t written a proper letter that the actions in our officers in that were outstanding and it shows the excellence of their training.

    Chief Fitzgerald – I appreciate you bringing it up. Warner and Clark did an outstanding job.

    Brandie – that could have looked differently in a different place.

    Chief – thanks. I’ll give an overview of the department, how we staff shifts, and respond to issues and then talk about the budget, and what we look forward to with our goals. So, the police department has 41 employees. 2 command officers, 4 detectives and one opening, 21 sworn officers and two openings, an office manager, a clerk, dispatchers (and openings) so we have three openings for police officers and two for part time dispatchers. We have one officer in the application process, and some are in training. Hiring process is a 10 month process. The VT Police Academy has two classes a year, first come first serve. Very competitive. One big obstacle here is when we get applicants, we have to keep them engaged without being employed for a long time. I do interviews for August academy in December and January. The seats open up in February. I want to have someone to submit that first day. We start in December, and have to keep them engaged for 8 months before they can go to the academy, and are under no obligation to us. They can get in trouble, or apply elsewhere. A lot can happen. We do a good job to invite them for ride alongs but that’s our biggest obstacle. We’re making headway toward being fully staffed. Shifts have an overlap. Dept has 12 vehicles. Our budget has three main grants that we apply for each year – CAC – for 60k to train detectives for children who are victims of crimes. It’s very specialized. We have a detective that gets trained and deals with all kids. Gov Highway Safety grant has a new way of administering – county wise rather than by PD. We’ve teamed up with others in Windham County to get $15k to help with traffic safety. And the Justice Assistance grant which is used for downtown patrols, overtime for drug investigations, equipment for special operations, and a lot of computer items. We can go through electronics fast. On the operations side, $7k increase for equipment is for a program to have officers downtown on e-bikes, and that’s what we need for two bikes. In the past, we did have a bike team downtown and it wasn’t as productive as I would like. We were short staffed. They had to take the bike on a cruiser, so they could go on other calls. An e-bike allows for extended range, and they don’t need a cruiser to get to other calls. I’d like to expand the program. We have bike qualified officers. The conference and memberships is up by $1500 – dues have gone up. Maintenance is up $3k to cover body worn camera storage to archive all that video that is considered evidence. We’ve only had it for one year. We’re creeping up on our current storage. Once we reach the limits we can start deleting, depending on the crime. Theoretically we save every arrest. I need another 3 TB storage for body cameras. $2k increase for extended warrantee on cruisers. We need to get them fixed in timely fashion. Briefly, some community organizations we work with – schools, Project CARE, Groundworks, CPCC, community equity collaborative, Frontline, Turning Point, BACC, Big Brothers and Sisters. We work with many great organizations and have a strong relationship. This year we have been dealing with opioids and homelessness. We’ve worked tirelessly to address issues while treating people with dignity and respect. Opiates – we’ve had 64 arrests this year, and it surpasses last year. 10 search warrants and 10 arrests, more than last year. This does not include joint operations with other agencies. We work with southern vt task force, DEA, FBI, AG’s office and others. 105 overdose and 7 fatalities in 2019. Still have a month and a week to go and we will exceed last year. We’ve seized crack, heroin and pills. We’ve also been out there doing a good job trying to make it unattractive to be here. You can’t arrest your way out of this, so we have Project CARE – when we go to an overdose, Project CARE members do a followup within 24 hrs with the person who overdosed to see if they need help. We work with Turning Point and Groundworks. Really successfully in a short amount of time. The outreach team in Oct reached 30 high risk people. 34 people were transported for treatment in 2019. 21 referred for intervention. We started a new protocol – transporting people in lockup to their medical appointments. In the past, those incarcerated were denied treatment. That makes no sense. If you are undergoing treatment, we will take you for treatment while you are locked up. Successful keeping at risk people in treatment. Our goals – this year our main goal was de-escalation techniques. If anyone saw the video of Putney Rd, I can’t give officers more praised. They did what they were trained to do. Things don’t have to end tragically. They did an outstanding job. Fantastic job. Exactly what we have been striving for – all aspects of our use of force program. We can implement escalation techniques. Next year – officer wellness and procedural justice. Mental and physical health and leadership team will look at procedural justice – a good healthy vibrant working environment with clear standards. Another goal is a directive for an officer downtown everyday from 10-6. That a big difference. I get lots of appreciative emails and phone calls. The officers like it – they meet people. The goal is to be present and put a cover on how unsafe downtown is. It isn’t crime free but it isn’t unsafe. You can be safe downtown. There is crime, but being downtown is safe. Support your local stores and walk around.

    Brabdie – will the video be part of training? I held my breath the whole time.

    Fitz – yes.

    Liz – Happy to hear about officers downtown. Can you talk about the parking garage?

    Fitz – the parking garage isn’t singled out. if we got complaints we’d go, but basically they walk and change out where there is activity – Whetstone Bridge, Transportation Center… there is no specific route. Unless we get complaints. We do Transportation center, down Elliot, down to the Coop and around again. That’s our triangle.

    Daniel – to reassure folks is a goal from 10-6. Why not later in the evening? I believe our downtown is safe, and others feel differently. Any scope for expanding? Does data drive this, or a need to reassure.

    Fitz – a need to reassure and a visibility issue. There are officers down there past 6. From 10-6 it is mandatory for someone to be down there. Overnight supervisors can assign people downtown. In the past, officers would leave downtown to take calls. Now, they stay for two hours unless it is a big emergency.

    Tim – tomorrow night everyone coming home and celebrating the Colonels…

    David Schoales – you mentioned health goals – is that in your budget. Schools are dealing with desensitized teachers.

    Fitz – it is crucial. It is in the training line of the budget – a slight increase.

    Tim – over time – I’m looking at actual costs and budgeted overtime- it kind of aligned with reduced staff. You can see it go up and down. Any comment about overtime?

    Fitz – People get used to it. Shift overtime is shrinking right now. I love it as Chief. As we get staffed, shift overtime is reduced, and they need to look for other sources to fill that space. With law enforcement it is a double edged sword – the more proactive you get, the more depositions and court time and more overtime. Shift overtime is what I look at, and that’s the overall wellness of the officers.

    Daniel – Project Care – no Project Care line in the budget?

    Fitz – I don’t know if that’s a Police function. We head it out of necessity. I have a lot of views on that. Should it be human services? Police department? It should be funded, but not sure if we are the best way to fund it. Maybe through Human Services money could go to Groundworks or Turning Point. It’s all volunteer right now. Happy to sit and discuss how to properly fund it.

    Brandie – would be good to have that meeting.

    Liz – Human Services are reviewing things right now.

    Elwell – your could recommend to RTM with a line item for it.

    Tim – chief’s suggestions well taken.

    Liz – he could give us an amount to spread among agencies.

    Fitz – a ballpark cost would be about $13-14k. For Turning Point recovery coaches and transportation.

    Brandie – they are in long term recovery.

    Fitz – they are invaluable and educate us.

    Liz – any at Groundworks?

    Brandie – they use a paid staff member.

    Elwell – same with Police salaries, which aren’t in the ballpark line item cost.

    Daniel – I’d like a salary above $12/hr. It should be $15.


    Daniel – there was a social worker involved? Is that still the case?

    Fitz – yes, from HCRS, but she comes to us and works full time with us. They pay for it.

    Schoales – the state decided to contract that a while ago.

  • Fire Department FY21

    (after a five minute break…)

    Brandie – we’re back. On to the final item, the FY21 proposed budget for the Fire Dept.

    Chief Bucossi – we’re similar to police and we mirror what they do. We have 25 paid staff. 21 shift staff, plus office staff and leadership. We have a call staff of 8 (low paid volunteers). It’s hard to keep the numbers up. Volunteers are hard to come by. We value participation. We do three shifts at two stations. 5 downtown and 2 in West Brattleboro per shift minimum. We have 2400 calls per year, increasing over the last few years. We’re seeing more double and triple calls (calls at same time). We’ve seen a decrease in grant availability . Homeland security money used to be good, but that has been decreased and restricted. We’re looking at an energy company grant for some training. We do well with VCLT grant for safety equipment. FEMA grants help. The Town is of a size and financial, situation where there is so much competition we just don’t score well. We’re too well off for it. Out in community we do fire prevention work and safety education, in factories, nursing homes, moving patients safely, CPR and AED training, stop the bleed training, working with elementary schools. Each shift adopts a school, does regular visits to the schools – go to recess, play kickball, have breakfast. Each shift has to go monthly – its good for kids and for our guys to get out and see what’s going on. We want children to not be afraid of the uniforms, not hiding from us. We do school crisis response and monthly meetings. We’re proud of the plan and pretty well prepared to handle emergencies in schools. Training for rapid intervention rescues, how to do bailouts, anything to rescue yourself. Inspection programs for life safety inspections. We’re glad we’re growing this number. One person became a certified paramedic, on his own dime. It only cost us some flexible work hours. Trying to line up a management class. Worked with Woman’s Freedom Center – eye opening and a lot fo fun. We’re working on firefighter mental wellness. Working with Retreat for defusing tactics. Working with a wellness coach to do some relaxation exercises.

    Len Howard – Rental Housing program is in the 2nd month. 216 buildings registered. We’re in zone 1 this year – 254 units inspected. Doing very good progress. 5 guys on staff trained to do this. Nothing but positive feedback from tenants and landlords. We’ll see a big improvement in housing in town.

    Chief – that’s why we wanted to train more inspectors. Glad our folks are showing that interest. The budget. It includes some minor adjustments outside of personnel. We propose a 3% increase. Line items that we can control are down – we’ve reduced auxiliary staff, and reduced propane costs – our biggest decrease. Office supplies are reduced. Equipment is up by $1000, training is up $1000. We want to stay safe and keep up with changes. The Fire Academy is self-funded through grants and have no budget. They are having a hard time. Some free training is being cut. Building repairs up by $1000 – warrantee periods are now expiring for the new buildings. With the expansion, we have more maintenance – extra overhead doors that need annual maintenance. telephone increase by $750 to keep up with technology. We want tablets in all trucks to do more work out in the field. Operating supplies up by $250. Clothing up by $1000 for bunker gear replacement. That’s the budget and will answer questions.

    Brandie – triple calls matches what I sense is going on – lots of sirens.

    Chief – staff has had a difficult go – the health orders were hard last week. Social things makes it difficult at times.

    Liz – does dept have a wellness program?

    Chief – no organized one yet, but we start in January with a private contract with a local lady. Uniform services I can’t say enough about – they did some special training on relaxation techniques – they are a phone call away. A program through the Retreat specializing in PTSD of uniformed people. They are fantastic. We used them yesterday. They give us advice about heading in the right direction before more help is required. Counselors on call for us, basically. They are at the Retreat but not part of the Retreat. Retreat has been fantastic, too. A big topic for first responders.

    Tim – rental housing overtime is the expense for the rental program? (yes) it is up a tick, but it might go up?

    Len – probably in good shape with those numbers.

    Daniel – rental housing – 216 buildings have registered – what percentage?

    Len – 956 buildings total. We’ve sent out letters a couple of times. I reach out to the landlord association . There is some confusion about registering each year vs inspections every 4 years.

    Daniel – electric – 25% increase in electric costs. Was it under budget before and this more accurate?

    Chief – getting used to new buildings.

    Len – at Central we doubled our square footage.

    Daniel – do you get solar credits?

    Patrick – yes – a combination of things – there is some balancing going on.

    Tim – why does Chief get amazing picture on calendar but not Len?

    Len – I’m just on the front.

    Elwell – he was inspecting the day photos were taken for the firefighters calendar.

    Tim attempts to show the calendar to cameras.

    Chief – one final quick things – another project we have – the special needs cards from VY’s old calendar – that hasn’t been done in several years. The Fire Dept wants to get it going again and build that database up again. If you know of anyone who needs help, there is a form on our website. It’s confidential. If we have an emergency on Cedar Street, we can see which folks need extra help. Return is slow now, so we want to get the word out and get those forms.

    Tim – maybe you can make a post for social media.

    Brandie reiterates the information.

    David S – the Town Clerk does a big social media outreach.

    Brandie – we’re adjourned.

Leave a Reply