WHAT IS NEW TODAY
• Town field services continue transitioning back to the way in which they operated during last spring’s “Stay Home Stay Safe” period. For now, the way in which the public receives those services still is relatively normal, but the work is being done in accordance with many special procedures required by the State of Vermont and recommended by public health officials. As we move into even more restrictive practices for the protection of employees and the public, we will identify those changes in future “COVID-19 Response Status” updates.
• The Brattleboro Recreation and Parks Department encourages everyone to transform your front yard, apartment, or house into a bright and decorative celebration of winter! We all need a little light in our lives, so get ready to challenge your neighborhood, your friends, and your family to help us “Light Up Brattleboro.” Join us as we come together to show our festiveness and help bring joy and light into the lives of others. Here’s how you can participate:
1. Decorate your lawn, apartment, or house in lights and festive decorations that are visible from the street. Please keep your masterpieces family friendly.
2. Once your display is done, please take a clear photo of your lights and decorations and send the photo to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 13. In this email, please provide:
A. The name of the street you live on (we do not need your house number)
B. A fun, appropriate and unique “Display Name”
3. Keep your creations lit from dusk until about 9:00 pm each evening until December 31, 2020.
On December 14, we will post all the submitted photos and display names on our “Brattleboro Recreation and Parks Department” Facebook page with all the street names so everyone can take a stroll and tour the local lights. If you have questions, please contact the Recreation and Parks Office at 802-254-5808 or email us at email@example.com.
• The Selectboard will meet on Tuesday, December 1. The meeting will begin at 6:15pm and will be held on Zoom due to COVID-19 social distancing requirements.
Join the meeting from your computer, tablet, or smartphone using this link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/86067892659
You also can call in using your telephone by dialing any of these toll-free numbers in the United States:
or you can access a list of non-toll-free numbers for locations around the world using this link:
The “Meeting ID” for this meeting is: 860 6789 2659
The Passcode for this meeting is: 12261753
The meeting will be carried live on BCTV:
On Cable TV: Channel 1085 or Channel 10
Streaming Online: https://www.brattleborotv.org/channel-10-stream
Facebook Live: https://www.facebook.com/brattleborotv/
Here is a link to the agenda for the December 1 Selectboard meeting:
Here is a link to the Administrative Report for the December 1 Selectboard meeting:
Here is a link to the backup materials for the December 1 Selectboard meeting: