IMPORTANT REMINDER ABOUT PLANNING FOR REOPENING
Governor Scott’s “Vermont Forward Plan” anticipates a phased reduction in restrictions for both indoor and outdoor activities between now and a projected return to near-normal by July 4. It is important to note that the Governor and other State officials have stated that this schedule is subject to change. It is based on certain assumptions regarding increased vaccination numbers and decreased new case numbers. If those targets are not met, the schedule will be adjusted. We in Brattleboro town government will continue to closely monitor the available data and public health experts’ advice. We intend to be cautious in reopening Town facilities to ensure that we do not move too quickly and endanger Town employees or the public we serve. Based on local conditions and expert advice, we may decide to move more slowly than indicated in the Governor’s plan. Please read these weekly COVID updates from the Town and other information released by Town departments to stay up to date on Town decisions and actions as COVID-related restrictions are eased.
WHAT IS NEW TODAY
• The police station lobby is now open during normal business hours. One person is allowed at a time (small children can accompany an adult). Masks are required and anyone with any COVID symptoms may not enter. There are signs on the door informing visitors of these COVID-related requirements.
• The Recreation and Parks Department is now accepting summer camp registrations, as follows:
1) Call the Recreation and Parks Office at (802) 254-5808 to schedule an appointment to register in-person at the Gibson Aiken Center, 207 Main Street. Please plan to wear a mask.
2) Go to https://www.brattleboro.org/index.asp?SEC=84AB2002-9D38-4963-AD6E-3268F641848B&DE=A36261E3-A43B-4752-A89D-D0DF204DF2E7&Type=B_BASIC
and click on “Registration Form.” Complete the fillable registration form along with
the COVID-19 release form and then email it to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
3) In-person registration will be held at the Gibson Aiken Center on May 12+13 from 9am to 6pm. Everyone must wear a mask and social distance while waiting in line. Please enter the building through the back door (the entrance to the Senior Center) for registration.
4) You may print and complete a registration form and COVID-19 release form and mail them to the below address with payment included:
Brattleboro Recreation and Parks Department
ATTN: Summer Camp Registration
PO Box 513
Brattleboro, Vermont 05301.
No child will be turned away for inability to pay. To inquire or apply for financial aid, please call Recreation and Parks Director Carol Lolatte at (802) 254-5808.
TOWN OF BRATTLEBORO Town Manager’s Office 230 Main Street Brattleboro, VT 05301 (802) 251-8151 FAX (802) 257-2322