WINDHAM SOUTHEAST SCHOOL DISTRICT
Climate Crisis Task Force
53 Green Street
Brattleboro, VT 05301
NOTICE OF MEETING
The Windham Southeast School District Climate Crisis Task Force will meet remotely via Zoom at 4:00 p.m. on Monday, May 24, 2021.
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 841 9419 6684
I. CALL TO ORDER – Thomas Nolan, Task Force Chair
II. Approval of Minutes from September 15, 2020
III. Discuss Progress on Rich Earth Institute Program
IV. Discuss Future Role of Task Force After the Board’s Adoption of an Environmental Policy
V. Hear from Kurt Daims About the Greta Resolution for Devoting Public Education to Climate Rescue
9/15/2020 Climate Crisis Task Force meeting
• Called to order: 5:03pm
• Minutes from July approved
• Discussed Howard’s idea on word changes and need to make it wider.
• Shaun – Should we make document less of an indoctrination? Teaching from the basis of fear isn’t ideal.
• Tim – Our document is not bold enough.
• Tom – Level of crisis demands strong action.
• Robert Clark – Woodchip vs. minor oil use. Dept. of Education regulation/guidelines on temperatures. Setback of 62 would be lowers we could do without energy offset being lost.
• Paul – Policy should state intent more than specific goals.
• Marilyn – Air infiltration: What has been done to address it? Regenerative soil management needs to be addressed.
• Ali West – Discussed USDA guidelines for free student meals
Next meeting: TBD