The Brattleboro Community Safety Review Committee will meet on Monday, October 5, 2020, at 6:00pm on Zoom (with no physical location due to the ongoing social distancing requirements of COVID-19). The attached agenda contains information about how to access the meeting remotely.
Brattleboro Town Manager’s Office
230 Main Street, Suite 208
Brattleboro, VT 05301
TOWN OF BRATTLEBORO
COMMUNITY SAFETY REVIEW COMMITTEE MEETING
Note: This meeting will be held with no physical location using Zoom.
Please join the meeting from your computer, tablet, or smartphone using this link:
You also can call-in on a telephone by dialing any of these toll-free numbers in the United States:
The “Meeting ID” for this meeting is:
815 2081 5988
1. Somatic Grounding Practice
2. Check-In Review of Committee Agreements/Old Business
a. Follow up on use of chat (same as last meeting?)
b. Follow up on question about Committee Alternate
c. Follow up on question about meeting with CPCC Committee
d. Follow up on regular meeting schedule
3. Establish Committee Roles for this meeting:
4. Committee Agreements: Develop initial agreements together in the meeting (from last meeting)
5. Community Engagement: Centering the Voices and Experiences of those Most Impacted by Police Intervention, Danger, & Harm (pg 6-7 of Proposal)
a. Review and Determine Methodologies: How will we gather information?
i. Listening sessions, public forums, anonymous/electronic testimony submission, 1:1 interviews, etc.
b. Being Trauma-Informed: How will we attune to safety while gathering information about people’s unsafe experiences?
i. Privacy/ confidentiality/ de-identifying information, somatic/body-based attunement, expressive/creative opportunities to share
c. Collaborators: Who/what organizations do we want to be sure we are collaborating with? Begin list
d. Plan for scheduling information gathering sessions
6. Information Gathering Tools: Question Design
○ Begin to design questions for information gathering sessions
○ Project Scope: Community experiences of safety, danger and harm in Brattleboro & interaction with community safety & human service professionals.
7. Review of Schedule & Planning Next Steps