How Well Is Medicare Plan D Working For You? How well is Medicare Plan D working for U.S. Senator Patrick Leahy, U.S. Senator Bernie Sanders and U.S. Congressman Peter Welch? (all over age 65)
I received this letter from my current Medicare Plan D today, simply dated, “May 2013” so I have no idea what day of the month they actually sent it.
Dear Cris Ericson:
On April 23, 2013, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) directed us, (Name of Plan D Company), to stop enrolling new members into our Medicare prescription drug plan. This is the plan in which you are a member. CMS took this action because we had a number of problems that created a serious threat to our members’ health and safety, including:
* incorrectly denying drug claims at the pharmacy counter;
* failing to correctly process requests for drug coverage and reimbursement;
* denying enrollees the chance to appeal denied claims;
* failing to ensure that denied coverage requests were reviewed by an independent third party; and
* failing to process enrollment and disenrollment requests at all, or failing to correctly process enrollment requests when we did process them.
Because of CMS’s decision to take action, you have a special opportunity to enroll in another Medicare prescription drug plan. ….etc.
SERIOUSLY FOLKS – DO YOU EXPECT ANY BETTER SERVICE WHEN OBAMACARE COMES INTO EFFECT?